Herb Pharm, a beautiful certified organic herb grower/supplier, producing liquid herbal extracts, located in Williams, OR, has an opening for a Production Safety Specialist:
SUMMARY: This position will be primarily responsible for the overall safety that ensure our employees are working in a safe environment. This position will also be responsible for developing Herb Pharm safety policies and procedures, and ensure our production environments complies with OSHA, regulatory, and Herb Pharm safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Create and implement process and operational safety procedures. As well as support the operation leadership with assisting with planning and recommendation for improving the safety program.
- Investigate accidents that occur on site and identify possible causes of the accident. As well as maintain documentation of the safety procedures, accidents, and related events.
- Develop and implement strategies to streamline audits, inspections, and corrective actions for both gMP and safety policies and procedures.
- Integrate safety into job training programs.
- Attend monthly facility walk through inspections.
- Provide safety review and approval as part of commissioning process.
- Promotes a work environment that meets cGMP regulations by following all cleanliness procedures and completing all required training on cGMPs.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following all safety rules, maintaining a good safety attitude always and participating in all required safety training or meetings.
- Prior experience in a production environment in this industry
- Good understanding of the industry market trends and conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and diligent
- Computer skills (excel, word, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year college or technical school degree and/or 2+years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This facility is a cGMP site, meaning gloves, masks, and other appropriate PPE are worn at all times. No makeup, perfume, acrylic or artificial nails or jewelry are allowed in GMP areas.
Herb Pharm is an equal opportunity employer.